- Register with USA Hockey: membership.usahockey.com
- Complete the required background screening: usahockey.com/backgroundscreen
- Complete the required SafeSport training: usahockey.com/safesporttraining
- Complete the Foundations of Player Development Pre-requisite and the Age Specific Training Module for the level of play that you are coaching: usahockey.com/agespecificmodules
- Register for a Coaching Clinic: usahockey.com/coachingclinics
- Concussion Awareness training: Yearly requirement per Colorado State Law (SB - 40). Coaches may take any Concussion Training that meets the Colorado State Law mandated training. Our suggested option is: NFHS Concussion Training
Visit the USA Hockey Coaching Certification page for more information: www.usahockey.com/coachingcertification
Mites - Mite coaches only need Level 1, which does not expire.
Coaching Clinics need to be completed by Dec 31. New clinics are created monthly, so check back often if you don't see one that works for you.
Level 3 is only for good for one year, then you must get level 4 before Dec 31 of the next year. Level 4 courses are now offered online.
Level 4 is good for 3 years - Coaches need 5 CEP credits every year.
Age Specific Modules must be completed before you can be on a roster. There are now only 3 modules: 8U, 12U, and 13+ module.
Background screening is done through USA Hockey. You must register for this using the link above.
SafeSport refresher courses are required every season, with the complete course being required every 3 seasons.
This season, most clinics will be virtual (online), though there are now some in person clinics available as well. You can attend any clinic hosted by any District/Affiliate across the country if it works with your schedule. There will be a variety of available clinic dates and times which will fit to every coach’s schedule. Clinics are first come, first serve, and not guaranteed to have seats available when you click on them.
Registration for CEP classes will be available September 1 on the following website: https://www.usahockey.com/coachingclinics.